Hello friends! I am all about spreading positivity, so I figured I’d share a few things that have been making he happy lately. I hope this list inspires you to also recognize some things that bring you joy as February begins, and that you make them a more active part of your day. Check out my list of delights below.
- Music. Loud, good music that I like. And these songs include:
- Wow by Zara Larsson feat. Sabrina Carpenter
- Heartless by The Weeknd
- Girl Like Me by Black Eyed Peas and Shakira
- Last Hurrah by Bebe Rexha
2. Reading. Currently, I’m reading Fairest of All: A Tale of the Wicked Queen by Serena Valentino. I’m about 3/4 of the way through the book and I am really enjoying this spin on the evil queen’s side of the Snow White fairy tale.
3. There’s a short article in the February 2021 issue of Better Homes & Gardens called “The Language of Flowers,” where they briefly discuss the meanings behind a variety of flowers. Prior to reading the article, I liked pink lilies and roses for their smell and appearance. Knowing that pink lilies symbolize prosperity and roses represent beauty only makes me adore them even more.
4. Blogging. I have always loved writing and this blog gives me a space to write about whatever I want! ☺️ It’s nice to have a creative space to work on a hobby.
5. Fragrance. I am very sensitive to smell and I prefer good smells as often as possible. Lately, I’ve really been enjoying cleaning with the Mrs. Meyers cleaning products because I like the smell it leaves behind on surfaces. (I disinfect surfaces first before using Mrs. Meyers). We also just finished two Bath and Body Works candles, with Flannel being my favorite.
What’s been making you happy lately? Leave a comment below!